LASR.net Homepage




Menu

"City of Murals"


category : Arts
Artist Cha' Tullis, a Blackfoot Indian, began painting giant murals in Hominy in April 1990. Along with other local artists, 40 and more spectacular murals depict Indian folklore and are a delight to behold, located on various buildings throughout town.

Cha' also has created several outstanding metal sculptures of Indians high atop Standpipe Hill in Hominy, as well as a handsome buffalo that stands next to the Gazebo on the Green downtown. Cha' has been able to create these extraordinary works of art through private donations, as well as grants from the State Arts Council. Cha' and his wife, Teena, have a gallery and gift shop on Main Street, and they encourage you to stop in and get acquainted."Messenger" - Artist, Cha', 1993

"Messenger" - Artist, Cha' Tullis, 1993
Located at N. Pettit and E. Main

Series - Artist, Cha'Series of Murals across several buildings - Artist, Cha' Tullis
W. Main and Reagan

"Oklahoma's Undieing Spirit" - Artist, Amiron"Oklahoma's Undieing Spirit" - Artist, Amiron
Located at Wood and Main




"Searcher" - Artist, Tim Hoyhurt

 


 

"Searcher" - Artist, Tim Hoyhurt
Located at W. Main and Reagan

"Osage Thunder" - Artist, M. Bearden, 1995"Osage Thunder" - Artist, M. Bearden, 1995
Located at Main and S. Reagan

Located on Main Street alongside the door opening.



Come visit us in Hominy, Oklahoma

Attractions and Upcoming Events

Shady Brook Home

Built about 1900 by an early merchant, the home was originally located a number of feet east of its present location. When the town was platted and streets laid out in 1905, the house sat in the street. The home was purchased about 1910 by Dr. J.J. Fraley, an early physician. In the 1980

Hominy, OK Historic Homes

MKT Railroad Depot and Hospitality Center

The present depot was expanded in 1925 from the original depot built about 1910. Missouri-Kansas-Texas service started in 1904 and continued until 1977. During the oil boom years of the 1920s, nine freight and four passenger grains stopped in Hominy each day.

Hominy, OK Railroad History

Historic Drummond Home

Fred Drummond moved to Hominy from Pawhuska to begin construction on his home and mercantile business in 1905. He and his family later expanded into cattle ranching. The home and its original furnishings were donated to the Oklahoma Historic Society in 1980

Hominy, OK Museums

1904 School House

The 1904 Stone School House was built as a subscription school on the Osage Reservation. The building was also used for early church services, funerals, and plays. Literally saved from the bulldozer in the 1960

Hominy, OK Historic Schoolhouses

"City of Murals"

Artist Cha' Tullis, a Blackfoot Indian, began painting giant murals in Hominy in April 1990. Along with other local artists, 40 and more spectacular murals depict Indian folklore and are a delight to behold, located on various buildings throughout town.

Cha'

Hominy, OK Arts

Things to do Arts near Hominy, OK

Heritage Mural

Work of local artist Joe Perales, a Presidential Award nominee. ...