LASR.net Homepage




Menu


Claremore, Oklahoma

  • Old Will Rogers Library

    The Old Will Rogers Library is now occupied by the City of Claremore. A year before his death, Will Rogers donated his lots in downtown Claremore with the understanding that they were to be sold to th...
    Old Will Rogers Library
  • Radium Town and the Keller Bath House

    Radium Town and the Keller Bath HouseAn area in the north section of Claremore was once known as RADIUM TOWN. George Eaton owned the first oil company in town. In 1903, he was drilling east of town for oil or gas. Instead, he found a "ro...
    Radium Town and the Keller Bath House
  • Old Armory

    Old ArmoryThe Oklahoma National Guard Armory was built by the WPA in 1936 during President Franklin D. Roosevelt's term and was constructed by local Claremore residents with the sandstone unearthed in Oklahoma....
    Old Armory

Attractions and Upcoming Events

Belvidere

This magnificent Victorian mansion, listed on the National Register of Historic Places, was started circa 1902

Claremore, OK Museums

Rogers University Conservation Education Reserve

Rogers University Conservation Education Reserve is a 120 acre natural resource conservation education facility adjacent to the main campus of Rogers University. Bird watching, wildlife observation, outdoor photography, walking trails, picnicking, and fishing are available.

Claremore, OK Learning Centers

J. Bartley Milam Home

This private home was originally built by J. BARTLEY MILAM, Principal Chief of the Cherokees. The Cherokee government had been dismantled in 1907 when Oklahoma became a state. In 1941, Milam was appointed Chief for a year by Franklin D. Roosevelt and was reappointed until his death in 1949

Claremore, OK Historic Homes

Christ Presbyterian Church

The Christ Presbyterian Church was purchased from the First United Methodist Church in 1990. In 1882, a one-room frame building was constructed after $500 was given by the Methodist General Conference to erect a house of worship. The church was served by "Circuit Rider" preachers until 1907

Claremore, OK Historic Churches

First Presbyterian Church

The First Presbyterian Church occupies a corner lot in one of Claremore's oldest residential areas. The congregation of the First Presbyterian Church of Claremore was organized in 1887 and services were held in homes until the Gothic Revival style building was constructed in 1902, 5

Claremore, OK Historic Churches

Things to do near Claremore, OK

City Parks

Elm Creek Park - Fishing pond, covered picnic areas by reservation and walking trail - Located at 12301 E 77th Place N...

Bristow Museum

Railroad Depot. ...