LASR.net Homepage




Menu

Alma City Office


category : Historic Buildings
Alma City Office This beautiful and stately native stone building was once one of the finest building in town. It was built in the early 1880s by the Limerick Brothers, two red-headed Irishmen. These freckled, Irishmen came swinging into Alma with a fortune of $375,000 to invest, which they did in splendid style.

They built the most handsome stone business building in Alma, which remains today, much as it was before the turn of the century and is still called "the Limerick building."


Address: 320-326 Missouri Street

Come visit us in Alma, Kansas

Attractions and Upcoming Events


D.R. and E.W. Bruman/Schroeder Residence

Over the door, chiseled in ornate German script the date, 1882

Alma, KS Famous Homes


Wabaunsee County Court House

This beautiful building was constructed in 1931. It is constructed of Carthage and native stone. The Carthage stone, used on the outside for facing, gives the appearance of a granite building. All outside walls are backed up with eight inches of native stone.

Alma, KS Historic Courthouses

Clapboard Ravine Drive

This is a beautiful scenic seven mile drive through the Flint Hills. This drive starts just north of Alma on the gravel road heading east past the Clapboard Acres housing development. About 1 1/2

Alma, KS Scenic Drives

Things to do Historic Buildings near Alma, KS

Old Conoco Station

Originally there were three frame buildings at this location. The first one housed a cigar factory, the second a barber shop ...