LASR.net Homepage




Menu

Attractions and Upcoming Events

Saunders County Courthouse

In the early1900s the old courthouse building became inadequate which led to the construction of a new building. In 1903 a vote was held for the issuing of bonds and the construction of a proper kind of building for county purposes. It passed by a vote of 1,967 to 524

Wahoo, NE Historic Courthouses

Mormon-Ox Bow Trail Marker

The Saunders County Historical Society was the recipient of one of two rocks making up the Twin Rocks marker on the Ox-Bow Trail through the generosity of Don Johnson of Ceresco and Christine Nygren of Ashland.

Wahoo, NE Historic Trails

St. Wenceslaus Catholic Church

The first group of Czech settlers to come to the vicinity of Wahoo arrived in August of 1874. These settlers, who were of the Catholic faith, had to travel 15 to 20 miles in order to attend mass. For three years these settlers traveled to Plasi, Fremont or Abie to attend services. Finally in 1877

Wahoo, NE Historic Churches

Wahoo Recreation Areas

The Wahoo Area Recreation Association operates a community recreation center (Civic Center) and senior center and has responsibility for maintaining the municipal outdoor pool and all Wahoo parks and

Wahoo, NE Recreation

Memorial Torpedo

Displayed on the front lawn of the Saunders County Courthouse is the only submarine memorial in the United States, a World War II torpedo dedicated to the serviceman of the war.

Wahoo, NE Memorials

Things to do near Wahoo, NE