Located in a city park known as "Legacy Trail," the north side of the depot is now the home of the Norman Arts and Humanities Council. Grounds can be used for special events and currently display public art sculptures of bronze and wood produced by Oklahoma artists.
This gracious Queen Anne style house, built in 1900, was purchased by the city of Norman in 1971. Focusing on the history of Cleveland County from the Land Run of 1889 to Statehood in 1907, the house was placed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1985.
In 1899, the Territorial Legislature of the future state of Oklahoma mandated the founding of a natural history museum on the campus of the University of the Territory of Oklahoma in Norman, now the University of Oklahoma. The 195,000