This limestone Richardson Romanesque structure with a
clock tower was erected in 1890-1892, and has served as the location for the administration of local government and institutions for Gage County for over 100
In 1888 U.S. Senator Algernon Paddock built a hotel and a large opera house. That structure was destroyed by fire on August
1, 1919. Two years later a hotel company was organized, resulting in the New Paddock Hotel, which was completed in 1924.
Gage County Historical Society and Museum is housed in
the Burlington Railroad Depot built in 1906 in the Neo-Classical Revival style. The building was constructed of Omaha pressed brick with Bedford stone trim at the cost of $35,000, and is listed on the
This popular 150-acre fishing and power boating lake has 286 land acres with plenty of room for picnicking, hiking, primitive camping, unsupervised swimming, fishing and hunting (in season). Facilities include drinking water and latrines.