LASR.net Homepage




Menu

Chapel On The Green


category : Historic Churches
Chapel On The Green Yorkville, Illinois is the county seat of Kendall County in which is located the oldest church building in the county, The Chapel On The Green. Dating back to 1855, the Chapel is Kendall County's oldest church building and is adorned with stained glass windows and a restored 1899 pipe organ. Architecturally, the New England design reflects the heritage of early settlers. The Chapel is listed on the Green the National Register of Historic Places.

The Chapel on the Green is available for weddings and receptions, vow renewal ceremonies, showers, baptisms, funerals, reunions, and other special occasions. Amenities include: beautiful original stained glass windows, newly renovated and spacious "bride's" and "groom's" rooms, organist available to play the 100-year old pipe organ or piano, lower level Friendship Hall with kitchen for your banquet or reception, list of local wedding services, sanctuary seats up to 200 guests.


Hours: Open by appointment
Address: 107 W. Centre St.
Phone: 630-553-5070
Our Email: reservations@chapelonthegreen.org
Our Website:www.chapelonthegreen.org

Come visit us in Yorkville, Illinois

Attractions and Upcoming Events

Seward Town Hall - Lyon Farm Museum Complex

The Seward Town Hall was built in 1876 and 1877 at a cost of $500.00. It stood on the east bank of Au Sable Creek facing Route 52. In addition to serving as a town hall it was used as a Congregational Church, basketball hall and band practice site. It was moved to Lyon Farm in 1976

Yorkville, IL Museums

Chapel On The Green

Yorkville, Illinois is the county seat of Kendall County in which is located the oldest church building in the county, The Chapel On The Green. Dating back to 1855, the Chapel is Kendall County's oldest church building and is adorned with stained glass windows and a restored 1899

Yorkville, IL Historic Churches

Plano Depot - Lyon Farm Museum Complex

The Plano Depot was built in Chicago, Illinois and hauled to Plano on flatcars in the 1850's. It was built by the C.B. & Q Railroad (Chicago, Burlington & Quincy Railroad) in the Gothic Style architecture. The depot was used until 1914 or 1915

Yorkville, IL Railroad History

Corrigan Store - Lyon Farm Museum Complex

William Corrigan established an independent store known as Corrigan & Sons which operated in Plattville, Illinois from 1919 until the late 1950's. The store carried a general merchandise line, including Oliver farm machinery and agricultural implements.

Yorkville, IL Museums

Union School - Lyon Farm Museum Complex

The Union School, District No. 42, was built in 1847 by subscription. It was originally located on Wheeler Road in Nau-Au-Say Township. Pupils came from as far away as Plattville, 4

Yorkville, IL Historic Schoolhouses

Things to do Historic Churches near Yorkville, IL

Little White Church on the Hill

Restored in 1984, this country church has stained glass, original pews, pine flooring, authentic lighting, and period restroo...

Petit Memorial Chapel

Petit Memorial Chapel was designed by Frank Llyod Wright and erected in 1907. Located in Belvidere Cemetery. Brochures are av...

St. Peter's Episcopal Church

St. Peter's Episcopal Church is the second oldest Episcopal church in the state of Illinois. Built of locally quarried limest...