LASR.net Homepage




Menu


Cherryvale, Kansas

Attraction Listing for Cherryvale, KS

Attractions and Upcoming Events

Carnegie Library

Cherryvale's public library, built in 1913, is one of the few Carnegie Libraries still in use. Early in 1909, the Cherryvale Women's Club set a goal to establish a library with an adjoining room for rural women to rest and visit after their long horse and buggy ride to shop in town. In 1912

Cherryvale, KS Carnegie Libraries

World War I Cannon

The cannon located north of the Veterans Memorial is one of the first things to attract attention in Logan Memorial Park. The first cannon was made by Henry A. (Daddy) Diltz in the early 1900

Cherryvale, KS Monuments

Lakeview Country Club & Resort

The Lakeview Country Golf Club & Resort is on 150-arcres, with a 50-acre fresh water lake that was at one time Cherryvale's municipal waterworks. It is open 7 days a week, with a 9-hole golf course featuring a putting green, driving range and pro shop.

Cherryvale, KS Golf Courses

Frank Bellamy Home and Burial

As a student in Cherryvale Central High School, Frank Bellamy authored the Pledge of Allegiance and brought it into national focus as a winner in a 1892 national student contest. The pledge was first officially used in a national celebration coinciding with the opening of the World'

Cherryvale, KS Famous People

Tanko Lake

Santa Fe Tanko Lake was built in 1870 to draw fresh water for the Leavenworth, Lawrence & Galveston Railway steam locomotives and later for the Atchison Topeka Santa Fe Railway's steam locomotives. The 45-acre lake was deeded by the Santa Fe Railway to the city as a New Years gift in 1954

Cherryvale, KS Recreation

Things to do near Cherryvale, KS

Historic Churches

Wesleyan Church - In 1879 it was originally Presbyterian, then it became the FIRST Naza...

Wolf Creek Environmental Education Area

The Environmental Education Area provides an excellent opportunity to experience and learn about the nature of eastern Kansas...

Presbyterian Church

This historic church building was built in 1887 after the previous church had been destroyed by a tornado. ...