LASR.net Homepage




Menu


Constantine Community Center


category : Historic Theatres
Constantine Community Center The theater was originally built as the Pawhuska House Hotel in the 1880's. In 1911, Mr. C.C. Constantine purchased the building and remodeled it into the elegant Constantine Theater. In 1987, a group of concerned citizens began a long, tedious renovation. It is now over 90% complete, with a live stage in Greek Revival Style and a seating capacity of 589 and outstanding accoustics. The theatre is listed on the National Register of Historic Places and the National League of Historic Theatres.Constantine Theatre

Hosts dressed in vintage clothing welcome group tours that may be arranged, with options of History and Slides, or On Stage Audience Participation, or "Opening Doors and Peeking into Closets." By the way, the Constantine Ghost is featured in a new paperback book by Ellen Robson and Dianne Halicki: Haunted Highway, The Spirits of Route 66, which features 66 spine-tingling tales of ghostly encounters along or close to America's most famous highway.


Admission: $2.00 per person.
Hours: Call for tour arrangement.
Address: 110 W. Main
Pawhuska, OK 74056
Phone: 918-287-4158

Come visit us in Pawhuska, Oklahoma

Attractions and Upcoming Events


Osage Indian Heritage

From early tribal tradition, and from the research of archaeologists and historians, and the ancestors of the Osage, we know that this tribe of Indians was closely affiliated with the Siouan, or Dhegiha tribes, their dialect being much the same.

Pawhuska, OK Ethnic Heritage

Blacksmith House

Built in 1871, this 5 room house with native timbers and 18" thick sandstone walls was the first to be built in Pawhuska. When the Osage were moved from Kansas, Sid Delarue, a Swiss blacksmith, was promised the house if he would come to care for their horses. Listed on the

Pawhuska, OK Pioneer History

Pawhuska City Hall

City Hall is located in the building which was the first Osage Tribal Council House. The present stone building, built in 1894, is the second building, as the original was destroyed by fire. The bell in the tower was used to call councilmen to meetings.

Pawhuska, OK Historic Buildings

Kennedy Building

The Kennedy Building was once the Citizen's National Bank Building. The building was donated to Osage County in 1976, when National Bank of Commerce moved to it new facility. Osage County renovated the building in 1990

Pawhuska, OK Historic Buildings

Things to do Historic Theatres near Pawhuska, OK