The Danish Evangelical Lutheran Church was built by Danish immigrants who settled in Denmark, Kansas in 1869 and 1870. Listed on the National Register of Historic Places the native limestone rock church was completed in 1878.
Visitors to the church will see rich symbolism used in the construction. The three steps leading up to the altar denote baptism, confirmation, and communion. The stonework arches over each window and door contain a three-pointed base, denoting the Holy Trinity, as do the three section windows. See family constructed pews and a Danish guiding ship replica.
Address: Denmark, Kansas
Come visit us in Denmark, Kansas