The Cherokee National Cemetery is a National Historic Landmark maintained by the Cherokee Nation from before the Civil War until its transfer to the town of Fort Gibson in 1906.
William P. Ross and other officials and dignitaries are buried in this cemetery.
Beginning in the early 1920s, local residents sought to preserve Fort Gibson's History. In 1936, the stockade area was reconstructed by the Federal Emergency Relief Administration, Works Progress Administration, and the Fort Gibson Stockade Commission. Today, the Site is a
The Jean Pierre Chouteau National Hiking Trail stretches from River Park to the Port of Catoosa along the Grand, Arkansas and Verdigris Rivers. It is located alongside the McClellan-Kerr Arkansas River Navigation Channel.
The trail is approximately 60