LASR.net Homepage




Menu

Attractions and Upcoming Events

Trinity Evangelical Lutheran Church

Evangelische Lutherische Dreinenigkeit Kirche - National Register of Historic Places

Plans for the Trinity Evangelical Lutheran Church were adopted in 1890, but construction did not begin until 1894

Grand Island, NE Historic Churches

Fort O.K. Cannon

The cannon located on the South lawn of the Courthouse is dated 1853 and with the forged stamp of AMES CO. FOUNDERS, CHICOPEE, MASS.

"This cannon was left at Fort O.K. August 22, 1865 by Major J.R. Curtis 'for the protection of the settlement against attack by Hostile Indians'."

Grand Island, NE Landmarks

William Stolley Homestead

William Stolley was one of a small band of German immigrants who came to the central Platte Valley of Nebraska Territory in 1857. Stolley filed the first squatter's claim in the county. He helped organize School District 1

Grand Island, NE NATIONAL REGISTER

Hamilton-Donald House

National Register of Historic Places

The house was constructed by Henry Falldorf in 1905 for Ellsworth D. Hamilton, cashier of the Commercial State Bank of Grand Island. In 1908

Grand Island, NE NATIONAL REGISTER

Glade-Donald House

National Register of Historic Places

The Glade-Donald House is a distinctive example of the Shingle style. The house is completely sheathed with wooden shingles, and incorporates many bay and oriel windows, including two prominent bow windows on the front facade. The house was built about 1905

Grand Island, NE NATIONAL REGISTER

Things to do near Grand Island, NE