Upcoming Events in Hiawatha Kansas
City Wide Garage Sale
- You may pick up garage sale maps at any of the local gas stations. Contact Chamber Office for further information.
There will be maps available at both Casey General Store locations on Friday.
|4||Rides, Rods and Rigs on July 4th - This event displays some of the finest motorcycles, cars and semi-trucks from all around the area. As the event concludes in the afternoon, everyone is encouraged to head over to the long standing tradition of an ice cream social and fireworks in Robinson, KS for the evening.|
|8 - 13||
Brown County Free Fair
- Special attractions and entertainment for the fair includes a country music show, a parade, Fair Fun Run, commercial booths and exhibits, and a Pedal Power Tractor Pull.
Ph: 785-742-7871 (Always call and confirm events)
Duck Soup Softball Tournament
- From 8am to ??
Swing Away SIDS Softball Tournament
WANT TO PLAY? CONTACT INFO BELOW
|20 - 22||
U. S. 36 Treasure Hunt
- Join us for mile after mile of garage sales and yard sales all along the 400 miles of U.S. 36 Highway in Kansas. From Elwood to St Francis overlooking the Missouri River to the Colorado border, 13 Counties. Lodging is available along the way so pack a bag and join us for the event.
US 36 sweeps the traveler along a pleasant, scenic highway from the wide Missouri River in northeast Kansas corn country through lush, rolling hills and friendly towns to the yucca-studded, semi-arid High Plains of western Kansas.
The Treasure Hunt is sponsored by the U.S. 36 Highway Association & Local Tourism organizations/Chamber of Commerce.
LINK TO MAPS SHOWING WHERE TO FIND THE "TREASURES" ----- have fun !!
Ph: 785-877-3968 (Always call and confirm events)
Maple Leaf Festival and Heritage Day
- Join the Hiawatha Chamber of Commerce and the Brown County Historical Society as they put on the annual Maple Leaf Festival and Heritage Day! A wide array of vendors will be present, as well as food, and a tractor shuttle ride over to the Ag Museum for even more activities! Want to register a booth of your own? Contact the Hiawatha Chamber of Commerce as soon as possible at 742-7136.
Address: Courthouse Square & Ag Museum , Hiawatha, Kansas
Halloween Frolic and Parade
- Oldest Parade in the Nation!
The Halloween Frolic has been held annually on or around October 31st since 1914.
In 1914, Mrs. John Krebs held a party for the Hiawatha children. In those first years, the youngsters dressed in costume and decorated their trikes and wagons....the first "floats". She entertained with awards and cookies for the little GHOSTS AND GOBLINS. Mrs. Krebs started a tradition that has been expanded on to include two big parades, numerous contests with trophies and cash prizes, and a Halloween Queen contest.
The Kiddie Parade in the afternoon starts with hundreds of youngsters in costume. Prizes are awarded for best costumes, decorated bikes, trikes, wagons, family floats, small motorized vehicles and horses.
The Grand Parade in the evening includes dignitaries such as the Governor of Kansas and other distinguished political leaders. High school bands, floats, horses, Shrine units and the ever-present natives in costume make the night parade something very special and the OLDEST IN THE NATION!
There is no parade entry fee and everyone is welcome to participate. Entry forms are available from the Hiawatha Chamber of Commerce, 701 Oregon, (785) 742-7136.
Santa's Attic Craft Show
- from 03:00 PM to 09:00 PM
Sponsored by the Preceptor Gamma Kappa Chapter of Beta Sigma Phi