The Lakin Christian Church was organized in 1901 in the old courthouse building, and the existing building was dedicated in 1908.
The church is made of concrete, is nearly square, and has a splendid seating capacity.
Lincoln and Buffalo Streets
The First Baptist Church was organized in the early 90s by Reverend P.G. Shanklin. Pascal "Pack" Glass was ordained in this church after having conducted services in various homes of his neighborhood. Most of the people attending these meetings were Kentuckians who had been affiliated with Baptist churches in the East. This group called themselves Missionary Baptists to differentiate from the "Primitive" or "Hardshell" Baptist.
Lakin and Washington Streets
Come visit us in Lakin, Kansas