LASR.net Homepage




Menu


Historic Natural Spring


category : Natural Attractions
Historic Natural Spring This 1860 Historic Spring is located along the high bank on the east side of the road as you enter Central Park from Main Street. The spring keeps bubbling up from the ground and is beautified by plantings and rock forms to make a refreshing stop to marvel at its contant flow.


Address: 6th and Main

Come visit us in Marion, Kansas

Attractions and Upcoming Events

Presbyterian Church

The distinction of being the oldest church organization in Marion County belongs to the Presbyterian Church of Marion, which is also listed on the State Register of Historic Buildings. The native stone used to build this structure was cut in 1872

Marion, KS Historic Churches

Historic Homes Tour

The Marion Historic Committee has prepared a tour of designated historic homes within the city. These homes range in design of the oldest cut stone of the Wm. Kellison Home dating 1879 to the elegant Victorian examples of the early 1900's.

Marion, KS Historic Homes

Marion Historical Museum

The Museum building was constructed in 1882 for the First Baptist Church and continued to serve Baptist congregations until the middle of the 1950s. It was then given to Marion County for use as a museum and formally dedicated in 1961 on Old Settler's Day - the year of Marion'

Marion, KS Museums

Civil War Memorial

The Civil War Memorial was erected in 1929 by Theodore P. Burkert, a Civil War veteran. It is dedicated to Civil War veterans and the Women's Relief Corps.

Marion, KS Memorials

Marion County Courthouse

Completed in 1909, the Romanesque revival, native limestone courthouse has a clock tower and stone carvings at entrance. It is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.

Marion, KS Historic Courthouses

Things to do Natural Attractions near Marion, KS

Eureka's Founding Spring

Located behind the fire station in the creek (Walker's Run) is Eureka's founding spring, now enclosed. It was here, in 1857, ...

Sink Hole

This sink hole appeared in 1937 and measures 58 feet deep and 250' x 200'. A guide will help you locate it....