The Stone Well House was built in the 1840's and is the oldest structure in the city and county. It was used as a water supply at the time for the Cherokee Indian Orphan Asylum.
The Cherokee Indian Orphan Asylum was built in 1875 and was located where Salina's Old Gymnasium now stands.
The Stone Well is standing behind the Chouteau Museum building.
Address: 420 E. Ferry (1 block west of the junction of Hiways 20 and 82)
Come visit us in Salina, Oklahoma