Built in 1871, this 5 room house with native timbers and 18" thick sandstone walls was the first to be built in Pawhuska. When the Osage were moved from Kansas, Sid Delarue, a Swiss blacksmith, was promised the house if he would come to care for their horses.
Listed on the National Register of Historic Places, May 7, 1979, the house was acquired by donation from the First National Bank to the Pawhuska Community Foundation.
Address: 222 West Main, next door to the Pawhuska Hospitality Center
Come visit us in Pawhuska, Oklahoma