Hopewell Church was originally located southwest of Beloit. Parts of the church building are 111 years old. Founded in 1876 as a Presbyterian Congregation which met in homes for a while, a 24 x 40 foot building was later built with the lumber trucked by oxen drawn wagons from Greenleaf.
To build the present church in 1911, the thrifty founders carefully dismantled the old church and used the lumber to build the new church. Of simple country architecture, the church has the original decorative embossed-tin ceiling, gracefully arched opalescent windows and hard yellow pine woodwork.
The Hopewell Church building is now open for public use for a maintenance fee. A meeting room, kitchen, and restrooms are located in the basement. Reservations may be mad by calling the Glen Elder State Park Office.
Address: South of the junctions of US 24 - K 128 highways, west of Glen Elder.
Come visit us in Beloit, Kansas