The Inman museum honors the era when McCormick-Deering tractors and binders were widely used on Kansas farms (the late 1800s and early 1900s). In addition to its collection of antique farm equipment, the main museum also has numerous displays focusing on the development of the community during that period in Inman's history.
Also included in the museum complex is the former offices of the Inman Mutual Telephone Company. Established in 1906, the offices have been rebuilt and restored. The office had a bedroom so that the operator could sleep near the switchboard at night. Notice the intricately carved woodwork.
The Inman Depot is the first (and only) Rock Island Depot in Inman, built in 1887, is now part of the museum complex and is being restored. Currently, it is used mainly for special events.
Admission: Donations welcomed.
Hours: Sunday, 1-4:30 ; Other times by appointment.
Address: Main and Center
Come visit us in Inman, Kansas