LASR.net Homepage




Menu


J. M. Davis Arms & Historic Museum


category : Museums
J. M. Davis Arms & Historic Museum The Davis Arms Museum contains the world's largest collection of guns with over 20,000 on display. It is also the home for a large collection of John Rogers statuaries, a stein collection, swords, saddles, Indian artifacts,
World War I posters, and antique musical instruments. The collection, originally located in the historic Mason Hotel, now belongs to the State of Oklahoma. Before Mr. Davis died, he stipulated that his collection must remain in his beloved city of Claremore.


Admission: Admission is by donation.
Hours: Monday through Saturday from 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Sunday from 1:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Closed Christmas and Thanksgiving.
Address: Lynn Riggs Blvd. (Route 66) and 5th Street
Phone: 918-341-5707
Gift Shop. J.M. Davis Arms Museum

Come visit us in Claremore, Oklahoma

Attractions and Upcoming Events

First Presbyterian Church

The First Presbyterian Church occupies a corner lot in one of Claremore's oldest residential areas. The congregation of the First Presbyterian Church of Claremore was organized in 1887 and services were held in homes until the Gothic Revival style building was constructed in 1902, 5

Claremore, OK Historic Churches

Belvidere

This magnificent Victorian mansion, listed on the National Register of Historic Places, was started circa 1902

Claremore, OK Museums

Claremore Lake

Claremore Lake features 500 surface acres for boating and great bass fishing (no swimming allowed). There are 2 boat ramps, courtesy dock and 3 fishing piers, 1 for senior citizens and disabled children, 2 for general public use. Enhancing the lake is a 60

Claremore, OK Recreation

Radium Town and the Keller Bath House

An area in the north section of Claremore was once known as RADIUM TOWN. George Eaton owned the first oil company in town. In 1903, he was drilling east of town for oil or gas. Instead, he found a "rotten-egg-smelling"

Claremore, OK Historic Buildings

Rogers County Courthouse

The county dedicated its first Court House in 1937, 30 years after statehood. The decision was made to purchase the property and went to the vote of the people. The bond issue failed twice but finally carried on the third try. There have been several additions to the original building.

Claremore, OK Historic Courthouses

Things to do Museums near Claremore, OK