LASR.net Homepage




Menu

Keeley Institute


category : Historic Buildings
The Institute for Drug and Alcohol Rehabilitation was built in 1876, then closed in approximately 1940. Some buildings are still available for tours.


Hours: By appointment - Call for details. Closed major holidays.
Address: 134 W. Main St.
Phone: 81-584-1652
Our Email: dwighst@fyidwight

Come visit us in Dwight, Illinois

Attractions and Upcoming Events

Historical Society Museum

The depot, built in 1916, is now the home of the Dwight Historical Society. The purpose is to preserve the history and culture the pertains to the Dwight area. The museum is listed on the National Register of Historical Sites

Dwight, IL Museums

The Windmill

The Windmill was built in 1896 to supply water for the Oughton Estate and its grounds. The windmill was donated to the Village of Dwight in 2001

Dwight, IL Historic Buildings

First National Bank of Dwight

Famed architech Frank Lloyd Wright designed and engineered this bank in 1905

Dwight, IL Architecture

Prairie Creek Library

The Prairie Creek Library was built in 1896 as a carriage house and later transformed into a treatment and recreation building for the Keeley Institute. The building has been on the National Registry of Historic Places,since 1980

Dwight, IL Historic Buildings

Keeley Institute

The Institute for Drug and Alcohol Rehabilitation was built in 1876, then closed in approximately 1940

Dwight, IL Historic Buildings

Things to do Historic Buildings near Dwight, IL

Veterans Affairs Medical Center - Danville

The VA Medical Center was established by an Act of Congress in 1896 by Danville native, Joseph G. Cannon, a member of the Hou...

Prairie Creek Library

The Prairie Creek Library was built in 1896 as a carriage house and later transformed into a treatment and recreation buildin...

Kitchell Park and Chautauqua Auditorium

40-acre Kitchell Park was donated to the City of Pana by Civil War Captain, Kitchell. Listed on the National Register of H...

Keeley Institute

The Institute for Drug and Alcohol Rehabilitation was built in 1876, then closed in approximately 1940. Some buildings are st...

Dominy Memorial Library

A turn-of-the-century domed building has had interior restoration to preserve features of the building. It is now an up to da...