The oldest church in Superior was built by the Methodist Episcopal Church in 1889-1892. Construction started in 1889, the basement was used for services in 1890, and the building was dedicated in 1892. A recent restoration has exposed interesting Victorian-style roof beams and structure of a very elaborate design. This congregation added on the education wing in the 1970s and it is now handicap accessible with an elevator installed in 1995.
The Methodists were the first denomination to form in Superior in 1878 and built their first church in 1881 at the corner of Third and Bloom streets, across from the South Ward School. That building is now a private residence and was also previously owned by the Presbyterians and Catholics before being converted into a house.
Address: 5th and Kansas
Come visit us in Superior, Nebraska