LASR.net Homepage




Menu

Military Memorials


category : Memorials
Military Memorials

For those interested in military machinery, the following memorials can be seen on a short day trip to the following cites around the Pierce City area.


Pierce City, MO - M4 Sherman Tank


Cassville, MO - M60A3 Main Battle Tank


Purdy, MO - A-4 Skyhawk Fighter-bomber


Monett, MO - F-4 Phantom Fighter-bomber (in "Thunderbird" paint)


Monett, MO - Artillery piece in city park


Verona, MO - Artillery piece in city park


Webb City, MO - Artillery piece


Neosho, MO - Helicopter


Rogers, AR - 101 Voodoo Interceptor


Rogers, AR - Huey Helicopter


Miami, OK - Tracked anti-aircraft artillery piece



Address: Main and Locust

Come visit us in Pierce City, Missouri

Attractions and Upcoming Events

First National Bank Building (no longer standing)

THIS BUILDING WAS DEMOLISHED AFTER SUSTAINING EXTENSIVE DAMAGE IN THE MAY 4, 2003, TORNADO.

The old First National Bank building was located next to the bandstand was built in the 1890s. After the Lawrence County Bank (on the opposite corner) was dissolved in the mid-1920

Pierce City, MO Architecture

Opera House (no longer standing)

THIS BUILDING WAS DEMOLISHED AFTER SUSTAINING EXTENSIVE DAMAGE IN THE MAY 4, 2003, TORNADO.

The Raupp Opera House was completed in 1886 and occupied the full third floor of the Opera Building on Commercial;

Pierce City, MO Opera Houses

Chapman School - Jolly Mill Park

The Chapman School was built in 1884 and originally located on the Chapman property about 2 miles from the Park. First called the "Hazel Hill," the school was later renamed "Hazel Dell," and eventually "Chapman." When it was closed in 1951

Pierce City, MO Historic Schoolhouses

1922 Bandstand

The bandstand was damaged in the May 4, 2003, tornado but the base still stands in its original location on Walnut Street. The historic bandstand was rebuilt with a red roof (its original color) and rededicated in May 2004.

Pierce City, MO Historic Downtowns

First United Methodist Church

The United Methodist Church was built in 1881 at a location a few blocks north of its present location in 1903. Originally in the 1870s, the Methodist Episcopal Church and the Methodist Episcopal Church, South groups met in homes until both were able to build in 1881. In 1903

Pierce City, MO Historic Churches

Things to do Memorials near Pierce City, MO