Niobrara, Nebraska

Mormon Monument


category : Monuments
Mormon Monument In 1846 Newell Knight, his family, and a company of
Mormons left Nauvoo, Illinois to search out a home in the
Rocky Mountains. Due to hardships, the group could not
go on and they built a fort of log cabins by the Niobrara
River. Due to illness, all died. The Mormon Monument
was built in 1908. Those buried here are: Newell Knight,
Mr. Caval, Lucy Brunson, Ann Boyce, Mr. Rufus Tach,
Mrs. Spicer Crandall, Mrs. Newell Drake, Mrs. Dame
Gardurout Noble and Benjamin F. Mauer--1846-1847.


Address: Located west near Niobrara State Park

Come visit us in Niobrara, Nebraska


More Monuments near Niobrara, Nebraska

Historical Monuments

Fort Laramie to Fort Robinson Trail - After the 1868 Treaty of Fort Laramie guarnateed f...

Jefferson County Historical Markers

Jansen: The Jansen marker is located on the Southwest edge of Jansen on U.S. Hi...

Lewis & Clark Monument

The Lewis and Clark Monument was dedicated on December 19, 1939, with the inscription reading "Lewis and Clark - 1804."

Travel
Lodging
Attractions
Events
Recreation
Advertise