LASR.net Homepage



Menu

Watonga Cheese Factory - Retail Outlet


category : Venue Attractions
Watonga Cheese Factory - Retail Outlet Watonga Cheese has a new facility in a new town but prides itself in its 70-year tradition to produce rich, handmade cheddar cheese full of flavor.

Now located in Perryton, TX we continue to use the original equipment and recipe that makes our factory stand out from the rest!

For years people come from near and far to visit the Watonga Cheese Factory, the only one of its kind in Oklahoma. The Factory recently moved, but the retail outlet remains in Watonga. Visitors may purchase different types of cheese and other \"Made in Oklahoma\" products.

The Cheese Factory opened for business in 1941. Their product at that time was -- and still is, cheddar cheese. The cheese is made in 14 lb. blocks or 13 lb. longhorns. Some cheddar cheese is aged for later sale as natural cheese. Other cheese is sold to large companies for processing. This cheese is melted and resold to consumers as processed cheese. Currently, Watonga Cheese Factory produces 1,500 to 8,000 lbs. of cheese weekly. Some of this cheese is sold in their own shop.


Address: 301 West Russworm - Retail Outlet
Phone: 806-648-4310
Fax: 806-648-4311
Our Email: info@watongacheesefactory.com
Our Website:www.watongacheesefactory.com/

Come visit us in Watonga, Oklahoma

Attractions and Upcoming Events

Rose Building - 1911

Mr. Rose built a two-story brick building in 1911. He owned and operated a hardware store on the ground level. The upstairs had several interesting businesses including a pool hall, photograph studio and dental offices. Watonga'

Watonga, OK Historic Buildings

Blaine County Courthouse

The Blaine County Courthouse was built in 1906 and is listed on the National Register of Historic Places

Watonga, OK Historic Courthouses

Hooper Drug Store - 1906

At the corner of Main & Noble you will find Stewart Real Estate and H & R Block. It hasn't always been that way. In 1906

Watonga, OK Historic Buildings

Barbara's - 1892

The first owner purchased this building from the US Government in 1892. According to a local historian the owner accumulated a lot of property in and around Watonga. This property has been under the same ownership as 104 W. Main since 1951. Seven couples have owned this property from 1892 to date.

Watonga, OK Historic Buildings

T. B. Ferguson Mansion Museum

The Ferguson Mansion was built in 1907 and is open for tours of its period furnishings and historic memorabilia. T.B. Ferguson, appointed Oklahoma's sixth territorial governor by President Theodore Roosevelt, is best remembered for his efforts to turn Oklahoma Territory into Oklahoma the State. <

Watonga, OK Museums

Things to do Venue Attractions near Watonga, OK