category : Museums
Occupied in April of 1891, the Sebastian County Quorum Court had the two-story solid rock building constructed as a "holding jail" for drunks and rabble rousers. Its use was discontinued in 1950 when prisoners were directly transported to Fort Smith. Now a museum filled with exhibits on South Sebastian County history. Open April-October. Special tours can be arranged through the Greenwood Chamber of Commerce.
(479) 996-6357 Our Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Our Website:www.greenwoodarkansas.com/localhistory/jail.html
Come visit us in Greenwood, Arkansas