- Rotating displays of over fifty cars from 1904-1967
- Details the history of Ozark.
- Small museum of local history is housed in the old jail where the state's last hanging took place;
- Regional museum with aspects of local history; exhibits on the people (including Native Americans) and events of the Arkansas Ozarks and the Arkansas River Valley;
- The boyhood home of General William O. Darby, leader of Darby's Rangers in World War II; contains personal military memorabilia of the general;
- Aviation displays include a pilot's license signed by Orville Wright, Piper J-3 Cub, P-51
- Directions: West end of Rogers Ave. between 3rd and 4th Streets
- Directions: Go south on South 4th from Garrison Avenue. The museum is 4
- Occupied in April of 1891, the Sebastian County Quorum Court had the two-story solid rock building constructed as a "holding jail" for drunks and rabble rousers. Its use was discontinued in 1950
- Housed in the historic 1869-1896
- Built in 1836, the Old State House was the state's original capitol until 1911
- Directions: Located in the heart of downtown Little Rock two blocks southeast of the Peabody Hotel and within short walking distance of the River Market district.
Visit the state'
- The Museum of Black Arkansans and Performing Arts has exhibits on prominent Black Arkansans and the African-American experience. Guided tours available; gift shop; open February-September;
- Directions: Historic River Market District
Fully interactive science and history museum in the River Market District; hands-on, high energy interactive exhibits
- Located in a renovated Mobil Service Station across from Central High School National Historic Site, the permanent exhibit, "All the World is Watching Us: Little Rock and the 1957 Crisis"
- Includes the historic submarine USS Razorback (tours available), the World War II tugboat USS Hoga, a 1939 towboat M/
- Directions: Take Exit 150 Off I-40 And Follow Signs To Camp Robinson. Located Off 6Th And Missouri (Bldg #6400)
Devoted to the history of the Arkansas National Guard and that of Camp Robinson
- This museum is in the only known structure in the world to use bauxite aluminum ore as a building material. It was built in 1896 for Dr. Dewel Gann, Sr.;
- Explore 4,000 years of Bible history at this museum; tours by appointment only.
- Credit Cards Accepted: MasterCard, Visa
- Housed in the old 1910 Lake Village Infirmary;
- Directions: Turn west on Cherry Street off U.S. 62 in Piggott
The Hemingway-Pfeiffer Museum & Education Center includes the two-story, 14-room Pfeiffer family home built in 1910
- Directions: Located on the ASU campus
Collection of history, natural history and American Indians; regional history museum; paleontology, native American, and "old town" Arkansas exhibits;
- Ten buildings furnished with artifacts of the Delta;
- Old photographs and maps that depict the history of Blytheville; housed in the old Kress Building which is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
- Located in a beautifully restored 1912 Union Railroad Depot on the National Register of Historic Places, the museum contains exhibits focusing on the Louisiana Purchase survey of 1815
- Museum in restored depot and storefront tells the story of efforts to settle and cultivate the fertile Delta region along the Mississippi River. Interactive audio exhibits on the region'
- Directions: Downtown Historic District
Built in 1891;
- A living history museum consisting of 12 log buildings, as well as several other structures. The village includes: Clark'
- Behind a late 1800s general store facade, this museum has a replica of a small-town community hospital and an early history gallery that includes Indian pottery from the 13
- Directions: From I-40, take Ark. 1 south through town to Front Street; turn one block east; located at the corner of Front & Izard Streets
Located in the restored, historic Rush-Gates home;
- Over 100 hands-on exhibits focusing on energy, matter, life and perception; perfect for any age group;
- Over 100 wax figures depict 38 scenes; includes the Stairway of the Stars (famous movie stars of the past and present), the World of Horrors (medieval tortures that are historically accurate)
- Artifacts and memorabilia relating to local history housed in the historic Boyle House; Caddo Indian pottery, quilts; antique furniture.
- Large collection of Native American artifacts found in the area; early pioneer artifacts and Scott County photos. GROUPS: Gazebo can be used for reunions or special occasions;
- History of Sevier County; small village/replica of early DeQueen;
- 2400 square feet of minatures, seven rooms, 60 dollhouses, 62
- Directions: Corner of Moberly and Del White Over 9,000 pieces of costume jewelry are featured in three rooms. They include such brand names as Coro, Sarah Coventry, Monet, Napier, Judy Lee, and more.
- Directions: U.S. 71B An Italianate villa built in 1875 by Col. Sam Peel, a prominent early figure in Bentonville history. Restored mansion and gardens open to the public;
- Guided tours of the historic 1895 Hawkins House, plus exhibits on local history. "The Attic"
- Daisy Manufacturing Company, Inc. is the world'
- Directions: Follow signs from Broadway or Mt. Olive.
Pioneer artifacts, documents, vintage clothing
- Genealogy library, artifacts covering history of railroad, medicine, Civil War, music.
- Located on the town square; open from 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Tuesday through Saturday. The museum is normally closed on Sunday and Monday;
- Extensive collection of firearms (almost four hundred items) including antique and unusual pieces;
- Artifacts from Berryville and Carroll County are housed in the historic old 1880 Courthouse;
- Directions: Look for blue sign with a pilot and aircraft on it on the north side of U.S. 62 East about 3/4 mile east of The Great Passion Play entrance; proceed north 2.5 miles on Onyx Cave road (CR20
- Three floors of the unique history of Eureka Springs displayed in photographs and documents, a large collection of local artwork, excellent research materials and a genealogy department.
- Directions: Off U.S. 62 East, on Passion Play Road Contains over 10,000 Bibles in 625 languages and dialects; large collection of parchments, artifacts; original page of Gutenberg Bible;
- Button mosaics and dolls collected over many years
- Olmstead Funeral Home dedicated this private exhibit in 1996 to honor the oldest existing business in Cleburen County. A horse-drawn hearse and photos of the town's early days are of special interest;
- Featuring historical exhibits and research materials from 12 counties that comprised the original 1820 Independence County. Active program of temporary exhibits and special events year-round;
- Over 5,000 dolls collected by Virginia Arnett are displayed in a private museum adjacent to her home. A rare and complete set of 'Gone With The Wind' character dolls highlights the exhibit.
- Family-owned facility exhibits a horse-drawn hearse and funeral buggy from the 19th century, a chapel and other exhibits.
- Demonstrations of antique farm equipment; horse-drawn plows, harrows, disks, panters, threshers, hay rakes and balers are amonng those demonstrated; steam boiler and engine, antique tractors;
- Directions: West off Hwy. 65, follow signs Local and area exhibits, plus research room; all items donated by people of Van Buren County.
- An 1850 cabin, dismantled and reconstructed on its present site, is furnished with items used in a home of the 1880s; built in 1976 by volunteers and citizens of Fairfield Bay as a Bicentennial gift;
- Directions: From Ark. 133 T; located adjacent to the City Park
Three-room shotgun company house built in 1910
- Local history exhibits; carriage house; buggy collection; open by appointment.
- For over 140 years, Bradley County'
- Features the history of Dallas County
- Artifacts, antiques in a home built in 1909; two 1800s log cabins; guided tours, activity programs
- Museum of natural history of South Arkansas with three collections of big game; houses the Pomeroy Planetarium which seats 40
- Information center and museum housed in the restored Missouri-Pacific Railroad depot; includes exhibits on former President Clinton'
- Restored steam locomotive 819, a 4-8-4 built in Pine Bluff in 1942
- Traces history from 1830 to present housed in a carefully restored Union Station depot; guided tours on request
- Directions: Downtown Pine Bluff
- The Pine Bluff School of Aviationwas established by the U.S. Army Air Corps and trained over 9,000
- Arkansas's oldest one-screen theatre dating to 1922; a step back in time where the grand old days of Hollywood films were shown. The building displays Pine Bluff's Grider Field mural;
- Directions: Located Behind The Police Station.
Displays local historic materials including a classroom, dolls, documents, photos, and newspaper clippings. Military memorabilia, city'
- Private collection of buildings, equipment, cars and other treasures of the past; tours by appointment only
- Built in 1918, furnished with period furniture, listed on the National Register of Historic Places; antique farm tools, teaching memorabilia; special candlelight dinner is offered at Christmas;
- The auto museum located between Third and Broad Streets in downtown Texarkana, Arkansas, had its grand opening on Saturday, September 10, 2005. It is now open from 9 am to 4 pm on Saturdays and from 1
- Directions: U.S. 67 South, two miles from Interstate 30; watch for signs at two exits
Restored railroad depot with exhibits on the Louisiana Purchase of April 1803
- Located in a restored 1913