One of the first churches in Kansas, this church was built by a Congregationalist group and is typical of the church structures built during pioneer days in Kansas.
The church was built by Reverend Samuel L. Adair and his son Charles, of native stone hauled from the hills around the city. It was dedicated on July 14, 1861. Reverend Adair was many things to the community; a kind hearted abolitionist, a minister and a mental health pioneer. The brother-in-law of John Brown, Reverend Adair frist served as a volunteer chaplain and then the first official chaplain at the Osawatomie State Hospital.
Renovation was started on the Church October 7, 1948 and rededicated July 14, 1963 as an All Faith Chapel. The building is now used for special meetings and weddings.
Address: 6th and Lincoln Ave.
Come visit us in Osawatomie, Kansas