LASR.net Homepage




Menu

Attractions and Upcoming Events

Edmonds Chapel

Edmonds Chapel stood 4 1/2 miles north of McLouth, Kansas, for more than 75 years. Edmonds Church was an affiliate of the United Brethren in Christ (UB), though people from many denominations worshipped there down through the years.

Oskaloosa, KS Historic Churches

Winchester Jail

Built in 1909, this jail came from the town of Winchester, Kansas. Since it was not fireproof, it was never locked. It was a place for drunks and tramps to sleep. The jail was a meeting place for the city council, police court and voting.

Oskaloosa, KS Pioneer Life

Bowstring Bridge

Built in Cleveland, Ohio, the bowstring bridge was originally located across Rock Creek, north of Meridan, in 1875.

The 48-ft long, 14-ft wide bridge was placed on the National Register of Historic Places on January 4, 1990

Oskaloosa, KS National Register

Nincehelser House

William J. Nincehelser moved to Jefferson County from Ohio about 1880, married Minnie Wendorff, and moved into this house in Oskaloosa. Mr. Nincehelser had a livery stable on the square and operated a

Oskaloosa, KS Museums


Things to do near Oskaloosa, KS

Kansas Walleye Association

You are invited to the five scheduled tournaments at some of the finest lakes in Kansas. The KWA welcomes anglers of a...