LASR.net Homepage




Menu

Palenske Hall


category : Historic Buildings
Palenske Hall A.E. Forinash was a master craftsman, stone mason and cabinetmaker. He was one of the stone masons who did much of the stone work on this building. This fine stone building was at one time a bawdy saloon of the early days and then served as a formal, dignified bank. The large arched wine cellar beneath it is still preserved in its old, original state.


Address: SE Corner of 3rd and Missouri Street

Come visit us in Alma, Kansas

Attractions and Upcoming Events


Clapboard Ravine Drive

This is a beautiful scenic seven mile drive through the Flint Hills. This drive starts just north of Alma on the gravel road heading east past the Clapboard Acres housing development. About 1 1/2

Alma, KS Scenic Drives

Holy Family Catholic Church

The construction of this native stone church was the result of the original frame church burning. The cornerstone of this church was laid August 27, 1899 in the new native rock structure measuring 44 by 100

Alma, KS Historic Churches

Wabaunsee County Court House

This beautiful building was constructed in 1931. It is constructed of Carthage and native stone. The Carthage stone, used on the outside for facing, gives the appearance of a granite building. All outside walls are backed up with eight inches of native stone.

Alma, KS Historic Courthouses


Things to do Historic Buildings near Alma, KS

Old Conoco Station

Originally there were three frame buildings at this location. The first one housed a cigar factory, the second a barber shop ...