LASR.net Homepage




Menu

Sage/Laverty Residence


category : Famous Homes
This house, built in the early 1880s was originally a four room house, owned by Frank I. Sage. Mr. Sage added four more rooms, all stone in 1901. Huge blocks of limestone were hauled up to the side by heavy wagons and horses and the blocks put in place by hand with heavy ropes.


Address: 403 East 4th Street

Come visit us in Alma, Kansas

Attractions and Upcoming Events

Alma City Office

This beautiful and stately native stone building was once one of the finest building in town. It was built in the early 1880s by the Limerick Brothers, two red-headed Irishmen. These freckled, Irishmen came swinging into Alma with a fortune of $375,000 to invest, which they did in splendid style.

Alma, KS Historic Buildings

Kuenzli Creek Oxen Tours

Experience the speed of travel on the western trails throughout the Tallgrass Prairie of the Flint Hills. Our two hour tour makes a wholesome and educational family outing. We prefer family groups of about six or less.

Alma, KS Tours

D.R. and E.W. Bruman/Schroeder Residence

Over the door, chiseled in ornate German script the date, 1882

Alma, KS Famous Homes

Alma United Methodist Church

This wood frame church was built and dedicated to the Glory of God in 1878. The frame building was of a simple design with narrow pointed gothic arched windows and a slender belfry atop the roof, which boasted the first church bell in Alma. In 1906

Alma, KS Historic Churches

Holy Family Catholic Church

The construction of this native stone church was the result of the original frame church burning. The cornerstone of this church was laid August 27, 1899 in the new native rock structure measuring 44 by 100

Alma, KS Historic Churches

Things to do Famous Homes near Alma, KS

W.W. Finney House

Built in 1907, is a Shingle style with limestone accents. Finney and his son, Ronald, were successful financiers and close as...

Gronquist Residence

This home was originally a coach stop and inn in the 1870s and much later, bought and added onto by A.S. Allendorph, a well k...