An example of the Greek Revival style, the house was built in 1869 in Fremont for Samuel Bullock, a prominent
interior decorator. In the 1890s the frame lean-to in the rear was replaced by a brick addition. The house was
later owned by Dr. Joshua S. Devries, a pioneer Nebraska physican and surgeon, who graduated from the
University of Nebraska Medical Department in 1888. The house is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
Address: 508 West Military Avenue
Come visit us in Fremont, Nebraska