This marker, set by The Daughters of the American Revolution and the state of Kansas in 1906, commemorates the Santa Fe Trail where it passed through Lenexa. It is located in Bradshaw Park in downtown Lenexa. This park is part of the original right-of-way that ran through the fruit farm of Squire Charles Alfred Bradshaw. Squire Bradshaw sold the land to the railroad for $1.00 with the stipulation that a depot be erected and maintained on the property.
This park is the third home for this marker. Originally, the DAR placed it on the west side of the road at 105th and Pflumm. Later, the stone was moved to Caenen Lake Road and Santa Fe Trail Drive, near the Lenexa Lumber Company. Finally it was moved to its present location.
Address: Southwest corner of Santa Fe Trail Drive and Noland Road
Come visit us in Lenexa, Kansas