The St. Bonaventure complex consists of the brick church, a three-story brick school, a two-story frame rectory, a one-story frame parish hall, and the church cemetery and orchard. Listed on the National Register of Historic Places, the magnificent church was built in 1917-19 in the Romanesque Revival style. Jacob M. Nachtigall of Omaha was the architect.
Surrounded by rolling hills and a vast agricultural landscape, the church is a noted landmark with its twin towers visible for miles. The complex forms an important ethnic and religious hamlet for the German-Catholic community.
Address: 2 miles west of Hwy 14 at Raeville
Come visit us in Raeville, Nebraska