Begun in 1892, by J.R. Stevens at the inspiration of his wife, "Aunt" Jennie Stevens that the chapel came into existence. Uncle Dick Stevens sold a barrel of Sorghum Molasses, then with the proceeds bought food for the settler workers who donated their labor. Thus a chapel was erected by donated labor and on five acres of land given by J.R. Stevens and with financial help from friends in Illinois. The first service to be held in the chapel was the funeral of Uncle Dick when only the walls were up and the roof on.
Address: Southwest of Atwood just off Highway 25.
Come visit us in Atwood, Kansas