LASR.net Homepage




Menu

Stone House in City Park


category : Famous Homes
Stone House in City Park This house was built in the 1880s and is currently owned by the City of Alma. Several prominent business persons were associated with its history. Herman Richter was responsible for the building of the home. Mr. Richter lived in this house and owned and operated a funeral home that was located on the now vacant lot on mainstreet.

Mr. John Limerick held a mortgage on the property at one time.

Mr. Fred Lutz and his wife lived in the house and he owned several different businesses in Alma. At this time efforts are being made to preserve this house.


Address: City Park

Come visit us in Alma, Kansas

Attractions and Upcoming Events

Wabaunsee County Court House

This beautiful building was constructed in 1931. It is constructed of Carthage and native stone. The Carthage stone, used on the outside for facing, gives the appearance of a granite building. All outside walls are backed up with eight inches of native stone.

Alma, KS Historic Courthouses


Historic Stone Fences

The federal government abolished the open range in a law passed in 1867. The government paid farmers $.40 per rod (16.5 feet) to build and maintain a 4.5

Alma, KS Scenic Drives

D.R. and E.W. Bruman/Schroeder Residence

Over the door, chiseled in ornate German script the date, 1882

Alma, KS Famous Homes

City Well and Log Cabin

The City Well is a hand dug well enclosed in a native stone building, which was built in 1930. Well No. 3 was one of seven wells of which three were hand jug wells that supplied water to the City of Alma. In 1967

Alma, KS Historic Buildings

Things to do Famous Homes near Alma, KS

Gronquist Residence

This home was originally a coach stop and inn in the 1870s and much later, bought and added onto by A.S. Allendorph, a well k...

Plumb Place

Carrie Plumb was the widow of Emporia Founder and United States Senator Preston B. Plumb. She built the house in 1895 around ...

Sage/Laverty Residence

This house, built in the early 1880s was originally a four room house, owned by Frank I. Sage. Mr. Sage added four more rooms...

W.W. Finney House

Built in 1907, is a Shingle style with limestone accents. Finney and his son, Ronald, were successful financiers and close as...