Formerly Hamilton Township Hall, built in 1889, the museum building was used for transacting area business, as a voting site, and for religious activities in the 1890s. The building was moved into the town of Strang in 1984 when the township ceased using the hall. It it listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
In 1986, when Strand celebrated its centennial, people began donating or loaning to the museum items pertaining to education, religion, town businesses, farming, military service, household use, and general souvenirs. A wooden windmill, the steeple bell from the United Brethren Church, and a railroad scene constructed along a trough from the Strang stockyards stand on the grounds surrounding the museum.
Hours: The museum is open during special events or by appointment.
Address: South Main
Come visit us in Strang, Nebraska