LASR.net Homepage




Menu


The Elite Hotel


category : Historic Hotels
The Elite Hotel The early day two-story frame building was home to a clothing store and drug store on the first floor with a rooming house upstairs. Walter Kehres eventually took over the building opening the Elite restaurant and rooming house. It was the last frame building on the square when Kehres replaced it with the present structure in 1936. The New Elite Hotel and Cafe with its modern art deco design was the pride of the community at the time.

The Elite (always pronounced E-LITE by Perry folks) has been a local tradition since 1915. It closed in the early 1960s. The building also housed a barber shop and auto parts store through the years.


Address: 611 Delaware Street, north side of the courthouse square.

Come visit us in Perry, Oklahoma

Attractions and Upcoming Events

The Christoph Block Building

Charles Christoph built this building in 1900

Perry, OK Historic Buildings


Outdoor Murals

This cowhand perception can be admired on the building north of Delaware Street on 6th. The artist is D.J. Mane, 1993. Another mural by D.J. Mane (1994) is painted on the north side of the Foster Drug Store depicting the old fashioned soda fountain days at Foster's.

Perry, OK Arts


The Famous Store

James Lobsitz founded the Famous Store in October of 1893 in a modest frame building a half a block east of the present building. His general merchandise business prospered and he erected the 50 by 90 foot two-story brick building in 1908

Perry, OK Historic Buildings

Things to do Historic Hotels near Perry, OK