Following the establishment of Thomas County, Thedford became the county seat in 1887, and a courthouse was built two years later. The courthouse served the county well until it was destroyed in a fire in 1920. After some delays a special election was held in 1923, where voters approved a bond issue to help finance the construction of a new courthouse. Work began that same year and in 1924 the county took possession of the new courthouse. Listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
Come visit us in Thedford, Nebraska