LASR.net Homepage




Menu

Wainwright Hall - Fort Riley


category : Museums
Wainwright Hall - Fort Riley Wainwright Hall is named for General Jonathan Wainwright who served as the assistant commandant of the Cavalry School during the 1930s. The building was constructed in 1889 as a barracks for calvary troops assigned to Fort Riley. Later it became the academic building for the Cavalry School. During World War II, the building was destroyed by fire and was reconstructed as you see it today.


Address: Sheridan Avenue
Phone: 785-239-2743
Our Website:www.riley.army.mil

Come visit us in Fort Riley, Kansas

Attractions and Upcoming Events

Trolley Station

The Trolley Station was used as a baggage storage and waiting area for soldiers and families riding the inter-city trolley between Junction City and Fort Riley from 1901 until 1907. In 1907

Fort Riley, KS Historic Buildings

Polk Hall

Known in its early years as West Riding Hall, this building was completed in 1908 and served until after World War II as one of two indoor riding halls.

Fort Riley, KS Historic Buildings

Territorial Capitol

In 1855, the nation wept for "Bleeding Kansas"

Fort Riley, KS Historic Buildings

Post Cemetery

Beyond the Ogden Monument is the Post Cemetery. In the area nearest the Ogden Monument are mass graves of persons who died in two cholera epidemics which struck the post in 1855 and 1867

Fort Riley, KS Cemeteries

Wainwright Hall - Fort Riley

Wainwright Hall is named for General Jonathan Wainwright who served as the assistant commandant of the Cavalry School during the 1930s. The building was constructed in 1889

Fort Riley, KS Museums

Things to do Museums near Fort Riley, KS