The historic bank building was built in 1886 for multi-purposes to serve the people. The main floor housed the banking system and upstairs in the back was the first Telephone Company. Also on the upstairs on the south side of the building was a entry with stairs that led to two doctor'
The native limestone structure was originally built in 1889 as the "Power Hotel." In 1902 a fire gutted the interior of the Hotel leaving the limestone walls. Mr. Samuel Anspaugh agreed to purchase the hotel site if the town would raise the money for interior construction. A fund drive netted $2,250