LASR.net Homepage




Menu

1886 Firehouse


category : Historic Buildings
1886 Firehouse Listed on the National Register of Historic Places, the old City Hall and Firehouse was built in 1886 and houses two vintage fire trucks from overseas.

This building is privately owned.

The following information is from the web page of the National Register of Historical Places, Missouri - Lawrence County:

Pierce City Fire Station, Courthouse and Jail (added 1998 - Building - #98001108), Walnut St., Pierce City
Historic Significance: Event, Architecture/Engineering
Architectural Style: Italianate
Area of Significance: Politics/Government, Black, Architecture
Period of Significance: 1875-1899, 1900-1924, 1925-1949
Owner: State
Historic Function: Government
Historic Sub-function: Correctional Facility, Courthouse, Fire Station
Current Function: Work In Progress


Address: 109 N. Walnut (at Washington) Street

Come visit us in Pierce City, Missouri

Attractions and Upcoming Events

Opera House (no longer standing)

THIS BUILDING WAS DEMOLISHED AFTER SUSTAINING EXTENSIVE DAMAGE IN THE MAY 4, 2003, TORNADO.

The Raupp Opera House was completed in 1886 and occupied the full third floor of the Opera Building on Commercial;

Pierce City, MO Opera Houses

Military Memorials

For those interested in military machinery, the following memorials can be seen on a short day trip to the following cites around the Pierce City area.

Pierce City, MO - M4 Sherman Tank

Cassville, MO - M60A3 Main Battle Tank

Purdy, MO - A-4 Skyhawk Fighter-bomber

Pierce City, MO Memorials

First United Methodist Church

The United Methodist Church was built in 1881 at a location a few blocks north of its present location in 1903. Originally in the 1870s, the Methodist Episcopal Church and the Methodist Episcopal Church, South groups met in homes until both were able to build in 1881. In 1903

Pierce City, MO Historic Churches

1922 Bandstand

The bandstand was damaged in the May 4, 2003, tornado but the base still stands in its original location on Walnut Street. The historic bandstand was rebuilt with a red roof (its original color) and rededicated in May 2004.

Pierce City, MO Historic Downtowns

St. Mary's Catholic Church

Up to 1883 all Catholics in the area belonged to St. Patrick's Church which was organized in 1871. But owing to the increased immigration of the Germans and Poles, some of these members requested Bishop Hogan for a parish of their own. The first St. Mary'

Pierce City, MO Historic Churches

Things to do Historic Buildings near Pierce City, MO

Lawrence County Bank Building

ON THE NATIONAL REGISTER OF HISTORIC PLACES This historic building still stands at the corner of Walnut and Commercial Str...