LASR.net Homepage




Menu

1886 Firehouse


category : Historic Buildings
1886 Firehouse Listed on the National Register of Historic Places, the old City Hall and Firehouse was built in 1886 and houses two vintage fire trucks from overseas.

This building is privately owned.

The following information is from the web page of the National Register of Historical Places, Missouri - Lawrence County:

Pierce City Fire Station, Courthouse and Jail (added 1998 - Building - #98001108), Walnut St., Pierce City
Historic Significance: Event, Architecture/Engineering
Architectural Style: Italianate
Area of Significance: Politics/Government, Black, Architecture
Period of Significance: 1875-1899, 1900-1924, 1925-1949
Owner: State
Historic Function: Government
Historic Sub-function: Correctional Facility, Courthouse, Fire Station
Current Function: Work In Progress


Address: 109 N. Walnut (at Washington) Street

Come visit us in Pierce City, Missouri

Attractions and Upcoming Events

Chapman School - Jolly Mill Park

The Chapman School was built in 1884 and originally located on the Chapman property about 2 miles from the Park. First called the "Hazel Hill," the school was later renamed "Hazel Dell," and eventually "Chapman." When it was closed in 1951

Pierce City, MO Historic Schoolhouses

Theron Bennett Home

Theron Bennett, nationally known ragtime composer, lived in Pierce City until returning from college 1902 when he left to begin a career where his unseen future would become the past that we can now recall as his successful contribution to the music world.

Pierce City, MO Famous Homes

1886 Firehouse

Listed on the National Register of Historic Places, the old City Hall and Firehouse was built in 1886 and houses two vintage fire trucks from overseas. This building is privately owned.

Pierce City, MO Historic Buildings

St. Mary's Catholic Church

Up to 1883 all Catholics in the area belonged to St. Patrick's Church which was organized in 1871. But owing to the increased immigration of the Germans and Poles, some of these members requested Bishop Hogan for a parish of their own. The first St. Mary'

Pierce City, MO Historic Churches

First United Methodist Church

The United Methodist Church was built in 1881 at a location a few blocks north of its present location in 1903. Originally in the 1870s, the Methodist Episcopal Church and the Methodist Episcopal Church, South groups met in homes until both were able to build in 1881. In 1903

Pierce City, MO Historic Churches

Things to do Historic Buildings near Pierce City, MO

Lawrence County Bank Building

ON THE NATIONAL REGISTER OF HISTORIC PLACES This historic building still stands at the corner of Walnut and Commercial Str...