LASR.net Homepage




Menu

Andrew M. Hargis House


category : NATIONAL REGISTER
Andrew M. Hargis House National Register of Historic Places.


Built in 1898, the Andrew M. Hargis House is a fine example of the Queen Anne style and also incorporates Neo-Classical Revival detailing in its design. Hargis founded the Grand Island Business and Normal College in 1885. The house has been owned by the Grand Island Woman's Club since 1953.



Address: 1109 West Second Street

Come visit us in Grand Island, Nebraska

Attractions and Upcoming Events

St. Mary's Cathedral

Cathedral of the Nativity of the Blessed Virgin Mary - National Register of Historic Places

St. Mary's Cathedral is one of the finest Late Gothic Revival churches in the state, constructed in 1926-28

Grand Island, NE Historic Churches

Hamilton-Donald House

National Register of Historic Places

The house was constructed by Henry Falldorf in 1905 for Ellsworth D. Hamilton, cashier of the Commercial State Bank of Grand Island. In 1908

Grand Island, NE NATIONAL REGISTER

Island Oasis

LOOKING FOR SUMMER FUN? Island Oasis is the COOL place to be this summer. The only water park of its kind between Lincoln and Denver.

Grab you sunglasses; throw on your swimsuit and discover a day of summer fun at Island Oasis Water Park.

Grand Island, NE RECREATION

Mrs. H.J. Bartenbach House

National Register of Historic Places

The house is a distinct and significant example of a Nebraska dwelling designed in the Moderne style of the 1930s, a style never widely popular in the state. The original house, a one-story Victorian dwelling constructed in 1893

Grand Island, NE NATIONAL REGISTER

William Stolley Homestead

William Stolley was one of a small band of German immigrants who came to the central Platte Valley of Nebraska Territory in 1857. Stolley filed the first squatter's claim in the county. He helped organize School District 1

Grand Island, NE NATIONAL REGISTER

Things to do NATIONAL REGISTER near Grand Island, NE

Thirty-Two-Mile Station Historical Site

Constructed in 1860, Thirty-two-Mile Creek Station, or Clarke's Ranch, was a "home" station on the famed Pony Expre...