1. " The Baxter Springs Massacre" by Edmond V. Ness is displayed inside the museum. - Historical Museum, 8th and East Avenue
2. Painted on the exterior wall of Bilke's Western Museum of the longhorn cattle drive. Artist, John Gibbons, 1991. - 11th and Military
The grand old building was entered on the National Register of Historic Places in 1976. Built in 1872, it was intended to be the County Courthouse, but was never used for that purpose. Through the years the building has been a city hall, theater, and college. In 1905
Erected by the Baxter Springs Chapter of the DAR in 1931, the marker is dedicated in Memory of Gen. James G. Blunt and his escort who, defenseless fell victims to the inhuman ferocity of guerillas, led by the infamous Quantrill in his raid upon Baxter Springs, October 6, 1863, in which 135
Walk along the downtown sidewalks on both sides of Military Avenue. Posted on the store fronts of the historic buildings are framed accounts of the original occupants of each store, their dates, and sometimes an account of a particular historical event that took place at that spot.