LASR.net Homepage




Menu

Boot Hill Sculpture


category : Landmarks
Boot Hill Sculpture The sculpture at the top of Boot Hill was done by the late Dr. B. L. Gainsforth, long time Ogallala dentist and orthodontist.

The sculpture was done in the likeness of Samual (Lep) Sanders, a cowboy who came from Texas with one of the earliest trail herds, and remained to live out his life in Keith County.

Boot Hill is preserved and maintained by the Ogallala Street and Park Service.


Hours: Open Year Round for viewing.
Address: West 10th and Parkhill Drive (West of the Mansion on the Hill)

Come visit us in Ogallala, Nebraska

Attractions and Upcoming Events

Bayside Golf Course

Our 18-hole golf course is new and exciting, challenging, yet conquerable. With our seven sets of tee boxes, you can see the course in a new light with each round of play. Designed by Dan Proctor and Dave Axland, our course is "Links"

Ogallala, NE Golf Courses

Boot Hill Cemetery

Since cowboys generally were buried with their boots on, the first cemetery in the area was aptly named Boot Hill. It was Ogallala's only official burying ground during the "end of the trail" decade, from 1874 through 1884

Ogallala, NE Cemeteries


Eagle Viewing

Bald eagles require a relatively large amount of food. Therefore, areas such as those below Central'

Ogallala, NE Birdwatching

Boot Hill Sculpture

The sculpture at the top of Boot Hill was done by the late Dr. B. L. Gainsforth, long time Ogallala dentist and orthodontist. The sculpture was done in the likeness of Samual (Lep)

Ogallala, NE Landmarks

Things to do Landmarks near Ogallala, NE

Pike-Pawnee Village and Historical Marker

Occupied from 1770 to about 1810 or later, the Pike-Pawnee National Historic Landmark has been the subject of intense...

Beauvais Ranche Station Site

Following a career with Pierre Chouteau, Jr. and Company, Geminian Pierre Beauvais established his own trading post in 1849 o...

Palmer Site

National Historic Landmark - The Palmer Site is the location of a Skidi Pawnee village occupied from 1804 to 1844. The...