National Historic Landmark - The Palmer Site is the location of a Skidi Pawnee village occupied from 1804 to 1844. The village was visited by numerous personalities including Major George C. Sibley (1811), Stephen Long (1819), Reverend Jedediah Morse (1820), Paul Wilhelm, Duke of Wurttemberg (1823), John Dunbar (1839), and others.
Earthlodge counts by these individuals range from sixty-four to 145. A portion of the site has not been cultivated, rendering it the best preserved Pawnee community in the state.
Address: Palmer Vicinity
Come visit us in St. Paul, Nebraska