Episcopal worship services were held in Cameron as early as 1860, though All Saints Episcopal Church was not organized as a mission until 1901. The Diocese of Texas purchased this property from A. J. ... All Saints Episcopal Church
This congregation began as part of the early Methodist missionary effort in Texas. A camp meeting was held in Milam County in 1841, four years after the first Methodist preachers came to Texas. By 184... First United Methodist Church of Cameron
Through the efforts of fellow immigrant Joseph Russek, many Czech families came to this area of Milam County in the 1880s. The first Catholic Mass in the Maraksville settlement was conducted by a visi... S. S. Cyril and Methodius Catholic Church
Founded in 1883, the congregation of St. Monica's Catholic Church erected this structure in 1927-28 after a fire had destroyed their previous place of worship. The building exhibits influences of both... St. Monica's Catholic Church
Known as the Magnolia House and listed on the National Register of Historic Places, this fully restored Victorian house was the home of prominent citizens in Cameron, Dr. Nathan and Lula Cass, for over a century. The Octagon Mode, Queen Anne style house was built in 1895
Housed in the restored county jail, c. 1895, the Milam County Historical Museum is complete with cells, shackles, and gallows tower. Listed on the National Register of Historic Places, view exhibits of pioneer farm and ranch equipment, rustic household furnishings, and Spartan "fashions"
In 1838, Joseph P. Sneed crossed the prairies on horseback to bring his family and the Bible to a new home in Texas. He and his young wife Achsah Harris Sneed first settled in Port Sullivan. Eleven years later they packed their things and moved to the Cross Roads community, about 30