LASR.net Homepage




Menu

St. Monica's Catholic Church


category : Historic Churches
Founded in 1883, the congregation of St. Monica's Catholic Church erected this structure in 1927-28 after a fire had destroyed their previous place of worship. The building exhibits influences of both Palladian and Italian Romanesque architectural styles, an unusual combination for a Roman Catholic church in Texas. Outstanding features include the Doric portico and the Lombard Romanesque style bell tower.

- Recorded Texas Historic Landmark - 1983


Address: 306 S. Nolan St.

Come visit us in Cameron, Texas

Attractions and Upcoming Events

All Saints Episcopal Church

Episcopal worship services were held in Cameron as early as 1860, though All Saints Episcopal Church was not organized as a mission until 1901. The Diocese of Texas purchased this property from A. J. and Jennie Dossett in 1906. This structure was completed in 1907

Cameron, TX Historic Churches


Milam County Courthouse

This is the fourth structure to serve as the Milam County Courthouse. The local Masonic Lodge laid the cornerstone for the building on July 4, 1891

Cameron, TX Historic Courthouses

North Elm Cemetery

Many of the Settlers of North Elm came from Alabama beginning in 1867, including John George LaGrone (1792-1870), whose dated gravestone is the oldest in this burial ground. Land for the cemetery was initially deeded by B. J. Arnold in 1883

Cameron, TX Cemeteries

Magnolia House

Known as the Magnolia House and listed on the National Register of Historic Places, this fully restored Victorian house was the home of prominent citizens in Cameron, Dr. Nathan and Lula Cass, for over a century. The Octagon Mode, Queen Anne style house was built in 1895

Cameron, TX Historic Homes

Things to do Historic Churches near Cameron, TX

S. S. Cyril and Methodius Catholic Church

Through the efforts of fellow immigrant Joseph Russek, many Czech families came to this area of Milam County in the 1880s. Th...

All Saints Episcopal Church

Episcopal worship services were held in Cameron as early as 1860, though All Saints Episcopal Church was not organized as a m...