LASR.net Homepage




Menu


Claremore, Oklahoma

  • 10miles Northeast of Claremore
    Oologah LakeOologah Lake provides a great getaway for fishing, boating, picnicking, camping or just driftin'... continue
  • 27miles East of Claremore
    Lake HudsonLake Hudson is one of only two lakes in Oklahoma where a resident can own lakefront property on the water's edge, is second in a chain of three lakes along the Grand River, has 200... continue

Attractions and Upcoming Events

Will Rogers Center

The WILL ROGERS HOTEL, listed on the National Register of Historic Places was dedicated in 1930. The fireproof structure of concrete and steel originally contained 78 rooms and 7 apartments. During World War II, it was designated as a bomb shelter. Mineral water baths called "radium water"

Claremore, OK Historic Hotels

J. M. Davis Arms & Historic Museum

The Davis Arms Museum contains the world's largest collection of guns with over 20,000 on display. It is also the home for a large collection of John Rogers statuaries, a stein collection, swords, saddles, Indian artifacts,

Claremore, OK Museums

First Presbyterian Church

The First Presbyterian Church occupies a corner lot in one of Claremore's oldest residential areas. The congregation of the First Presbyterian Church of Claremore was organized in 1887 and services were held in homes until the Gothic Revival style building was constructed in 1902, 5

Claremore, OK Historic Churches

Radium Town and the Keller Bath House

An area in the north section of Claremore was once known as RADIUM TOWN. George Eaton owned the first oil company in town. In 1903, he was drilling east of town for oil or gas. Instead, he found a "rotten-egg-smelling"

Claremore, OK Historic Buildings

Old Armory

The Oklahoma National Guard Armory was built by the WPA in 1936 during President Franklin D. Roosevelt's term and was constructed by local Claremore residents with the sandstone unearthed in Oklahoma. During the 1940'

Claremore, OK Historic Buildings

Things to do near Claremore, OK